Monday, November 8, 2010

BBWAA Awards Predictions and Schedule

According to BBWAA.com, the awards schedule is as follows:

AL and NL Rookie of the Year: Nov 15
NL Cy Young: Nov 16
AL and NL Manager of the Year: Nov 17
AL Cy Young: Nov 18
NL MVP: Nov 22
AL MVP: Nov 23

I guess I'd say I'm more excited for the awards then ever before...maybe because it will (hopefully) be the first of many awards for Buster Posey.

Anyway, I'll make some predictions on the winners here (just for kicks):

AL Rookie of the Year = Neftali Feliz
NL Rookie of the Year = Buster Posey
AL Manager of the Year = Ron Washington
NL Manager of the Year = Bud Black
AL Cy Young Award = Felix Hernandez
NL Cy Young Award = Roy Halladay
AL MVP = Josh Hamilton
NL MVP = Joey Votto

I'm pretty sure these are the exact award-winners as determined by the Baseball Bloggers Alliance. I'm guessing the Baseball Writers' Association of America will vote the same way. We'll see if I'm right...