Monday, November 15, 2010

Jose Guillen Linked to PEDs

I apologize; I should've mentioned Jose Guillen's HGH shipment sooner. Oh, how I love to talk about how much I dislike him...

When he was acquired, I said this:

Is Guillen really a better option for the starting lineup than Ishikawa, with his inferior hitting, atrocious defense, and his carcinogenic clubhouse attitude? I think not. Unfortunately, Bruce Bochy disagrees with me.

Perhaps more relevant, however, is when I said this:

Let's not look too much into Guillen's history of power numbers:
SF Chronicle: "Veteran major-league outfielder Jose Guillen, who played part of the 2003 season for the division-champion A's, bought thousands of dollars of steroids and human growth hormone from a troubled Florida anti-aging clinic and had some of the drugs shipped to the Oakland Coliseum, business records show."
As it turns out, Guillen wasn't done using performance-enhancing drugs:
But Jose Guillen only put himself and his wife in a world of legal hurt when the Giants' outfielder allegedly arranged for a shipment of nearly 50 pre-loaded syringes of human growth hormone to be sent to his San Francisco address in September, while his team was clawing its way to a playoff berth.
I could say that this is just adding insult to injury -- the injury being his poor performance after his acquisition (or, of course, the injury being his neck injury). But I think his actions pretty much speak louder than any words could. Just another reason to dislike him. May San Francisco never be poisoned again with his presence in a Giants uniform.