Monday, April 18, 2011

Tim Lincecum Eats Rockies Alive + Three Homers


Awesome things about this game:

  • Esmil Rogers got obliterated: game FIP of 17.73...a lot worse than I'd expected.
  • Tim Lincecum was stellar. As I predicted. Game FIP of 1.62
  • Nate Schierholtz had a good game. As I predicted
  • The Giants scored five runs in the first inning.
  • Ryan Vogelsong pitched. And pitched well. Game FIP of 1.56 -- 1.1 scoreless innings with one K and one hit. 
  • Pablo Sandoval walked not once, not twice, -- but THRICE. How many times must I say it? ....his resurgence is legitimate.
  • I'm really high on Freddy Sanchez this year. And he's continuing to perform well, with a couple of hits in this one (including a home run).
  • At its peak, the leverage index for this game was 1.45...nice, calm, relaxing game.
  • Troy Tulowitzki was hitless, and had a couple of strikeouts.

Did I miss anything?



Follow SP on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook