Friday, March 18, 2011

Notes: Brandon Belt, Bruce Jenkins, Aaron Rowand

Well, it's been a while since I did one of these. I figured it's about time I share some link love and other random thoughts...

  • SEMI-IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I changed my Twitter username. It is now @SPGiantsBlog. Take note, folks...I will no longer receive your mentions if they're @splashinpumpkin. 
  • My latest piece examined the Brandon Belt conundrum. Basically, I'm leaning toward having him start in AAA. 
  • I did a quick five-question Q&A over at C70 At the Bat along with several other Giants bloggers. Go check it out!
  • Bruce Jenkins is a moron. McC, PH8, and the great Joe Posnanski have you guys covered on this one. 
  • It's gotten to the point where I want Aaron Rowand gone. Actually. It's a sunk cost, and he's wasting a roster spot. If the Giants need to take a few more weeks to see if they can get anything in return for him, then so be it. But if not, he shall be released. 
  • This is one of the stupidest articles I've read recently (and I've read a lot of stupid articles recently...). The notion that Barry Bonds' presence hindered the Giants' performance is simply absurd. 
  • For your baseball links fix, you can go here, here, or here

Well, I think that's all actually (for now).

Please feel free, in the comments section, to add any interesting Giants/baseball links that you come across.